2018 – 2020 STATE PRESIDENT’S PROJECT
Step It Up - Volunteer!
This project encourages the GFWC Pennsylvania clubwomen in two areas: Member activity through a walking challenge and community service by stressing the GFWC Signature Project "Domestic Violence Awareness".
The walking challenge will encourage all members to "Step It Up" and walk. Members will walk and record steps to reach a specific goal on the federation step map.
Members will continue to support their local domestic violence shelters by providing goods and services needed by each individual shelter. Visit the GFWC Signature Project to learn how you can support.
STEP UP WITH MICKEY AND FRIENDS CONTEST
The President’s Project committee is happy to announce our “STEP UP WITH MICKEY AND FRIENDS CONTEST.” We encourage all members to participate, so please read the information that follows. Our “STEP UP” begins at the 2018 Summer Leadership Conference.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO?
- Make the commitment to “STEP UP”
- Wear a step meter, pedometer or use your Smart phone
- Log your steps on the STEP LOG SHEET
- Submit your monthly totals to your District President’s Project Chairman at the Fall District Meeting and the Spring District Meeting
- Visit certain U.S. cities
- Note the significance of each city
- Feel better
- Have Fun
REMEMBER: 10,000 steps per day are recommended.
INDIVIDUAL Contest Entry
The individual contest starts in State College, Pennsylvania at the Summer Leadership Conference on July 20, 2018 and continues until March 20, 2019. There will be three different routes to choose from depending on your preference of destination or character. Each route will be led by either Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck or Pluto.
- Minnie Mouse will travel to Orlando, Florida to Disney World approximately 1,053 miles or 2,106,000 steps
- Donald Duck will travel to Austin, Texas to check out the GFWC International Convention approximately 1559.1 miles or 3,118,200 steps
- Pluto will travel to Albany, New York and visit our sisters at the Middle Atlantic Region Conference approximately326.2 miles or 652,400 steps
If you feel you can complete the steps to more than one destination, you may do so. And if you are really in a” STEP UP” mood you can challenge yourself to try and complete all three routes.
Awards will be presented at the 2019 GFWC Pennsylvania Annual Business Meeting and Convention in May 2019. To receive a Contest Award, you must:
- Complete whatever character destination you choose
- You must turn in your Step Log Sheets to your District Project Chairman at the Fall District Meeting and at the Spring District Meeting/Arts Festival
- You must complete the Official Contest Entry Form and mail or email it no later than March 25,2019 to the Project Chairman, Dawn Himler.
AWARDS will be presented to:
- The person completing whatever character destination route chosen
- The top 10 individuals with the highest total steps
- A Special Award to an individual completing 2 or 3 of the character destination routes
CLub Contest Entry
The club contest also begins at the Summer Leadership Conference but is a bit different. Although you will also count steps you will be counting them by participating in a SPONSORED 5 K OR MORE WALK/RUN such as Race for the Cure, ST. Jude Children’s Hospital walk, etc. or by sponsoring a walk/run of your own.
You will need to complete or provide the following information:
- The name of the sponsored walk/run
- How many club members will be participating – the minimum number is 1
- Photocopy of entry bib or registration form
- Complete the Official Club Entry Form by March 25, 2019 mail or email to Project Chairman Dawn Himler
AWARDS will be presented to:
- Any club that participates in a sponsored walk/run
- Special award for a club that participates in more than one walk/run
- Special award for a club that sponsors a walk/run
POSITIVE THOUGHT = POSITIVE ACTIONS = POSITIVE RESULTS